Tuesday, September 2, 2008

7 Months...Running Late

Well, August has been a very busy month. We started at a new school, went on several trips, cut our first tooth. Guess what...we made it!

We flew to Ft. Davis the first weekend of August to visit Geep and and Grandpa. Crawford did so well on the plane. He is becoming an experienced traveler!


We had such a great time seeing Jerry and Susan. We drove to Marfa to have lunch one day. We checked out some art at the local galleries. Crawford has expensive taste. He slept through most of the galleries but did pipe up in one where we could have purchased some art for about $40K. He loved playing with Ebby. I think Jerry enjoyed it too! We are raising another dog lover!


We also did some hiking at Davis Mountains State Park. Crawford did pretty well in his new backpack style carrier. I know Daddy LOVED it. He got a little hot so Grandpa volunteered to hike back to the truck and meet us at the bottom of the trail. Thanks Grandpa!


Greer and I had the rare opportunity to have a night out on the town. Grandpa and Geep took care of Crawford while we saw The Dark Knight and ate at The Reata. Our visit to Elberta was short, but we had a great time. Crawford can't wait until Geep and Grandpa are back in Grapevine.

On August 4th Crawford started his new school. I was a little nervous at first. I got lost trying to get to work because the route I planned to travel was closed due to construction. I called to check on him throughout the day. He adjusted just fine. Probably never noticed the change, but it was hard on me. It is hard leaving your baby with strangers. We donated some fish to the infant class to butter up the teachers. I hope it worked. So far so good. My favorite things about his new school - they puree food for him if we select food off of the menu. It doesn't work out every day since we aren't giving him fruits yet, but he gets school food about 50% of the time. Saves me time and money and he gets fresh food.

The next weekend we drove to Houston to surprise Mimi for her 60th birthday. I arrived at the 3Day Training walk at 6:00am Saturday morning and Mom didn't even realize it was me. Once she did, all she wanted to know was "where is Crawford?" She finally was able to see him when she arrived at her surprise party. Quite a few of the Dills got together for Mom's birthday. John E. even flew in from Lubbock. We had a great time visiting. We stayed through Sunday but had to leave soon after church so we could get back and plan for the next week.


Teeth - okay, I had no idea teeth could be so painful. Our normally very happy little boy has an evil twin. This twin doesn't like to sleep, cries with no consoling, drools on EVERYTHING, and poops 6 times a day. Not to mention those suckers are SHARP! I can't wait until they are all the way in. It will be so cute!

Crawford weighs 18 1/2 pounds and is about 27 1/2 inches long. He really didn't grow much this month. I guess he gave all of his energy to his teeth.

Well, I better close out. I'll report on the rest of August in next month's posting. That's only 2 weeks away.

No comments: