Sunday, December 21, 2008

10 Months

We vacationed in Colorado mid-October. While in the airport we happened to see Peter, Caroline & Maddy. They were moving to Houston and it was great to see them one last time before the move. We will miss them but know we will see them in Houston.

The flight to Denver was great. Crawford is becoming a traveling PRO! He stares down even the scariest business people God created and gets them to smile at him. It is great to watch. It reminds me of my business traveling days. I DO NOT miss that!

We went to the Denver Zoo as soon as we arrived. Crawford stayed awake as long as he could, not long. Greer and I enjoyed it quite a bit though. Zoos are such fun places, even as adults. We can't wait to take Crawford to the zoos in Dallas/Ft. Worth. Later that evening we drove to Dillon to set up at the condo. Geep and Grandpa had already taken a pack and play out there for us, so setting up was not very difficult. Colorado was quite a bit colder than Dallas so we had to go buy a hat and mittens for Crawford. The cold weather didn't stop us from having a great time. It did however make Crawford's nose run like an elite marathon runner! At the end of our trip, Crawford was very well aware what a box of tissue looked like and instantly turned his head upon seeing it. It made us laugh.


We did a little shopping at the outlet center in Silverthorne. Greer and I both bought a few new things. We didn't have a stroller with us but we didn't let that stand in the way of getting good deals. We took turns looking for clothes. We also went to the Ranger Station to check out possible hikes for Friday. Crawford fell in love with a little Raccoon puppet while there. I know raccoons are usually a nuisance, but this one was special and it came home with us. Crawford lights up like a Christmas tree every time he sees it. He hugs it tighter than I thought possible.


We enjoyed our hike the next day around a small lake. Once again Crawford acted like an experienced hiker. Maybe Greer is already teaching him the ropes. He slept through a lot of it, but Greer and I enjoyed the beauty. It is so nice to get away from everything and see God's work.


On Saturday we were able to meet up with our friends Rosa and Stephen...did I mention Lola? Well, Lola is Crawford's Colorado girlfriend. Rosa and I used to together at The Container Store. We went through our pregnancy together and she had Lola one month before I had Crawford. It was great seeing them. We hope to make it an annual thing.


On our way back to Denver we stopped to visit with Aunt Clara. We ate lunch together and Crawford loved all of the extra attention. We don't get to see her much so it was a really nice treat.


Since we were in Colorado in mid-October, we missed Scarlett's (Crawford's Dallas girlfriend) 1st birthday. I'm sure everyone had a great time. Scarlett was sweet enough to save Crawford a party favor. He still loves his little slinky. I hear everyone had a fabulous time though.

The week after we returned from Colorado I started feeling sick. After several doctor visits I found out that I had pneumonia. NO FUN! I can honestly say I have never been that sick as an adult. Greer had to be the primary caretaker and he did a great job. I didn't get to see much of little Crawford because we didn't want him to get sick again. Thankfully, my Dad came up to help us take care of Crawford and me. What would we do without our family??

Anyway, I missed Crawford's first Halloween party at school and Trick or Treating, but Greer and Grandad didn't let Crawford miss a beat. We had planned to have a Halloween party of our own, but we had to cancel it.


The last piece of news for October/November is the Susan G. Komen 3Day walk. As many of you know, I planned to walk 60 miles (along with other members of my family) to honor my Aunt Anne & Aunt Sissy. I wasn't able to walk due to the pneumonia. However, Team Dill Girls did a great job. Everyone on the team walked all 60 miles over a three day period. I couldn't be more proud, I just wish I could have been with them.


At 10 months Crawford was about 20 pounds 9 ounces and was 28 1.2 inches tall. Still crawls around if necessary, but he prefers to be pampered. He is eating a lot more these days. We try to give him a little of whatever we are eating, but he doesn't always appreciate everything we are giving him. He now throws things off his tray in protest. We tried putting his milk in a sippy cup and he let us know real quickly that was not an option. I think we are jumping the gun a little on that one. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments: