Thursday, January 24, 2008

Welcome Little Crawford


We welcomed Crawford Dill Pittman into our family last week. He was born on Tuesday, January 15th at 12:02pm. He weighed 7 lbs 8oz and was 19 inches long. He has already captured our hearts.


As many of you know, I was trying to have a natural delivery. After 12 long hours of labor our doctor informed us that labor was regressing and recommended we proceed with an epidural. Several hours later, our little one's heart rate started to drop and I had to have a C-Setion. Although it was not the delivery I dreamed of, the end result is just the same. We were so happy when the doctor said..."It's a Boy!"


I would not have made it through that long labor without my three coaches - Greer, my sister Laura and my doula Jessie. They did an amazing job getting me through some pretty strong labor pains and consecutive close contractions.

Crawford is a precious little boy. He looks a lot like his daddy. His eyes even get swollen when he is tired. He sleeps well and loves to eat. He surpassed his birth weight within 3 days of leaving the hospital. The doctor was amazed and Greer was quite proud.

We hope you enjoy keeping up with our family. We will try to keep you posted as our little one grows!

7 comments:

Kassi said...

Crawford is so cute. We are so glad to finally meet him. Can't wait to get together to play. luv, the K's and SJP

Tina Marie said...

Little Crawford is adorable! We are so excited for you guys! So glad to hear that Mom and baby are well! Can't wait to see you!

The Goonie said...

CONGRATS!! Thanks so much for including us on this announcement! You have a very handsome little boy and we are very happy for you guys!

Steph Wakeem

ROXIE12 said...

ANGIE & GREER - CONGRATULATIONS ON THE ARRIVE OF YOUR LITTLE "SPROUT" HE IS JUST ADORABLE - HE DOES LOOK LIKE HIS DAD - ENJOY EVERY MOMENT - HE WILL SEEM TO GROW RIGHT BEFORE YOUR EYES....

LOVE - AUNT ROSE AND BILL

Grandpa Pittman said...

Crawford, I can't wait to go play golf or go fishing with you! Or perhaps merely dig for worms and skip rocks on water!

Grandpa

Unknown said...

Crawford, I hope you are going to have with me when I visit. Maybe I can even babysit you. Well I like you very much and you are very cute. I like the pictures very much much much. Love, cousin Jack (5 years old)

Barry Family said...

WOW! I am soo proud and excited for you! Way to go for trying to deliver naturally and making the best decision to just get that little boy here safe! Can't wait to see him...I will be praying for you and the next couple of weeks...getting use to the baby! lov leslie